Tuesday, January 29, 2013

L'Oreal Paris USA Feria Wild Ombre Hair Color Review

Over the weekend I finally got to try L'Oreal Paris USA Wild Ombre. I have been dying to try it since I first found out about it a few weeks ago. Since my hair is dark I bought the Feria O60 box, for dark brown to light brown hair.

The kit comes with a new comb that you use to apply the product to the hair. The idea is that the comb helps create a straight line and also helps to evenly distribute the product. I did use the brush that was included but I found it was hard to get through my hair. I ran the comb through each section of hair a few times then applied some of the mixture to my hand and made sure I didn't miss any spots.



The package directions say to leave the product on for 25-45 minutes, depending on your desired lightness. My hair is pretty damaged (I've dyed it at least 4 times in the last 4 months, if my memory is correct, which it usually is not) so I only left the dye on for about 15-20 minutes. I also didn't want the lightening to be too drastic, I wanted something a little more subtle than what was on the box. I liked the way the Feria O70 and Feria O80 boxes looked, the result was more subtle and gradual than O60.
Hair before...
 I like the result, though I think I might buy another box and make the bottoms just a little bit lighter. I like that it's really subtle but think it would look better just a tad bit lighter.

After



This is the back, I obviously didn't do a great job straightening my hair but at least the color looks mostly even
here's an updated one..curled. Yes, I look tired because I got no sleep the night before due to experiencing our first tornado warnings in TN


Overall, I liked the results. The Wild Ombre kit was easy to use. The comb helped to create a more even, straight line and I would definitely use L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre again in the future.

***All photos were taken using my iPhone so the quality is not the best, but you get the gist...

11 comments:

  1. I love the Feria products! Sadly I can never get the color to last long. Probably my own fault. I really need better shampoos for hair color. I like the way your hair looks. I can see what you mean about going a little lighter, at least it is better than too light at once. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes have issues with Faria fading out quickly too. I once dyed my hair a pretty red and it faded pretty quickly to a pinkish color. It was for the best though, since red tends to make my face look redder, but I do love red hair! When I go from blonde to brown (which sadly, I do quiet often) I just Clairol Perfect 10, so far that has worked the best to keep the darker color from fading and it only has to be on hair for 10 minutes.

      I use cheap shampoo so maybe that would help me with fading too.

      I think I will go a little lighter, I have a motto "It's never light enough!" so I will probably wait a few weeks an lighten it up a bit. :)

      Delete
  2. You won't be able to go lighter with more Feria. Color can't lighten color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, this is very helpful and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'm glad you thought it was helpful! Have a great week :)

      Delete
  4. As a hair styist for over a decade here are my thoughts on the DIY ombre. First off, you can never say it will work for everyone because you're not taking into account whats already on your hair. If you have previous hair color especially boxed color that is a medium brown or darker it would be near impossible to lift because color doesn't lift color. If it does lift chances are it's going to be uneven down the hair shaft because your ends are probably a lot more damaged from years of coloring them. I'm assuming whats in this for it to lift is a 40 volume developer which may help break the color a tiny bit but will chances are become brassy, so be prepared with a good toner to counteract the orange. Now if you have virgin hair, which makes you the best candidate you want to either have eyes in the back of your head or a helping hand. The key to a beautiful ombre is a gradual blend. Like the sun just kissed it. The two toned grown out roots is a hard look to pull off. I'm also assuming that if your googling this product before you use it, you care about you hair and are looking for some encouragement. The truth is that it might work or it might not. My advise is to test a strand before to see if you like the desired level it gets to. This is especially important if you have used sun in or Henna hair color because it will melt off. Good luck and find a good backup plan just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I was googling Feria Ombre because I wanted to lighten just a bit without dye. I have unsed Sun in recently. Are you saying your HAIR might melt off???

      Delete
  5. I would loooooovvveeeee to ombre my hair! I have been polling my friends, coworkers, and family none of whom think I should do it haha. I'm not sure yet if I will but yours looks incredible! Thanks for the review!
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm lucky that no one cares what I do! :) My friends and family are used to me always changing my hair. I've had the ombre for a little while now and I'm already itching to change it again! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I have just purchased the kit in 060, because I have been dying my hair mahogany to black religiously for nearly a decade. Around 6 weeks ago I went to Borics (a mediocre, cut-rate cheap-o 'salon') and asked them to lighten the bottom 3 or so inches to a caramel, and add face-framing ombre highlights. The results were decent, nothing spectacular (ya get what ya pay for there!!). I do like the look, however I would like the lightening to begin gradually around where my jawbone starts. My biggest concern is if the already-lightened ends will be dramatically lighter(not my desired effect) and if it will wind up even more damaged- the shit the colorist used RAVAGED my hair, leavin awful split ends. Well, if I screw it up really bad, I can always yank out a trusty tub of Manic Panic and use the lightened tips and a base to intensify the colour! Wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long does it last?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...